Monday, October 17, 2016

Ready for this week

Not much to report on last week. I have no clue what my weight is because we had to throw out our scale in the flood and I haven't been able to weigh-in at work. LOL! This is probably a good thing. I suspect I'm back in the 160s and that's ok. Honestly, I'm happy to have my appetite back.

Last week I was sore for a few days from the 5K. Not surprising, but I felt really good for the most part.

I have mapped out an Excel spreadsheet for my training plan for the 5K I'm going to do in January. I've got 13 weeks to get into better shape and basically my goal is to get a lot faster. I'm tired of trodding and pludging (is that a word?).

Friday morning I went to my daughter's Honor Roll Assembly. She got straight A's - which, yes, it's only the first grade - but considering all she has been through the situation could have been the reverse. She could have had a really bad nine weeks at school. So I hope we are doing right by her in raising her among the chaos right now. I CRIED MY EYES OUT.

This weekend we went to the New Orleans Zoo for my daughter's friend's birthday. So fun. And so hot. Where is fall? Yesterday we went to a pumpkin patch with my friend's kids. Again, so fun. And so hot. Here in Louisiana, the weather has not gotten the memo we are moving along to spring.


My girl is not a baby anymore. That's what she thinks. When she's 50 years old, I'll still say she's my baby.
 
Yesterday afternoon I went to the movies with my other friend to see Girl On A Train. So, so good. I think a lot of people were expecting the greatness of Gone Girl, but I thought it was really good. My friend also liked it, so the movie has two fans! And of course I'm a fan of the book.

So this week, I have a few regular-life goals to meet. But I'm hoping to go run for several days. 4:30 a.m. wakeup call anybody? I should be finishing the outline for my writing project. I'm on vacation next week, so I'm either going to complete that or start my novel!! And yes, I will be running on vacation! It's a staycation and I'm super excited.

How is the weather in your area? How many pumpkin lattes have you had so far? (I've had zero). Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment