Wednesday, November 2, 2016

13-minute range!

Today I will pat myself on the back and toot my own horn. It's not often I achieve something that allows me to do all that, but I will do it today!


First, it was only one mile. Second, it's still very slow compared to most runners. Third, it was only one mile ...

This is my third week of running again so I went from a 15:36 to a 13:36. I'm hitting my goals on my spreadsheet, but of course, I have a really long way to go.

I think I am going to hold off one more week on adding another mile. I'm going to keep trying to improve on the one mile.

I've found the key is to not look at your watch. I was obsessively looking at my paces and honestly that would slow me down mentally. I still look at it several times though, but I look at the distance rather than the pace.

From .72 on I thought I would trip or barf, and I did neither. So it's a win!!

What's the slowest mile you've run compared to the fastest? Do you celebrate the little victories? For me, it's the only thing keeping me going. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment