Thursday, April 27, 2017

Plodding along through the week

It's almost the weekend and I've run twice this week so far. Yesterday I made it back into the 13-minute range for ONE mile.

I almost hate to even post my runs on Instagram because I see most people are in the 8-9 minute paces for miles and miles and miles. Here I am with my tortoise-in-the-shell runs.

I post my runs for two reasons: 1) It's the easiest way I've found to look back on my runs to see if I'm progressing at all (I'm too lazy to actually log my times, but I'm planning on changing this bad habit) 2) I know for me, personally, I love seeing the "slower" runners progress. It gives me HOPE! Maybe somebody who wants to give up on running will see there are other runners out there outside the 8-9 minute pace range. Maybe it will encourage them. Or maybe we will all say 'darn it' and move on with our lives.

Since my last post, I've run...


The first run was with my daughter. My newly-turned-7-year-old daughter. She wanted to see if she could run a mile. She totally could complete it if it weren't for me being slow. It was HOT. She'd walk and whine, then would speed up and pass me up. That kid. It was a lot of fun, but we were both utterly happy when we were done. 15:26 for one mile.


The next run was in the afternoon. I need to start getting up before everyone else and run for the cooler temps. But, I'm trying to take advantage of the afternoon runs while I can. I love running in the daylight. In the past I've been an early-morning runner in the dark.


The run yesterday was around 9 a.m. The temperature was 10 degrees cooler than normal. But, this tiny one mile beat my ass into the ground. I didn't hydrate enough and today I've got day two of an exercise-induced headache. Those are the worst! I need to drink more water before runs and after runs. One day I'll learn my lesson.

Seeing that 9-minute "max" range felt really good. It's a good confidence boost I needed. Now, that was probably for only a few seconds, but to see a single digit was cool.

I have lost one pound so far this week, but I'm hoping for another pound before my next weigh-in.

Right now I'm at 167.

How are your runs? Is it super hot where you are yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment