Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Week 20 - my first run!

This morning was my first run after losing 15 pounds. My goal was one mile at a 14-minute pace. I made it a half mile. hahahah!

Mistake #1 - 5:30 a.m. as opposed to 5:00 a.m. - apparently that's the open season time for people to go to work. I had to dodge a few cars which slowed me down.

Mistake #2 - I started off way too fast. I was so focused on hitting my goal that I was completely spent by the half mile.

Mistake #3 - Not sure this is really a mistake, but a factor - there was heat lightning and I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to any type of lightning. It wasn't raining at all, but the lightning kind of freaked me out. Also ... HEAT. HUMIDITY. I had to take my phone for the music and I wasn't even outside one minute before the screen was soaked with dew.

I was disappointed I had to give up halfway in. I was dying though and I was worried I'd pass out. So naturally the walk back home was long and I had the sadz.

By the time I took my shower, got ready for work and drove into work - hell yeah, I'm going back out there Friday! It really is a mental game.

I have such a long way to go, but I definitely felt lighter without the extra junk in the trunk. I did keep looking at my watch and I'd see 12,13 and 14-minute numbers pop up so that was exciting. My numbers used to be 15-16.

I ate breakfast this morning after the run so I didn't weigh myself, but I'll count yesterday's weigh-in: 162.4. The weekend screwed me over. This weekend I'm determined to reign in the diet. Tuesday is my birthday so I'm having a Brewbacher's catfish platter and my husband and daughter are making me cupcakes to celebrate.

Last Friday my weight was 161.2 and oooooh I was so excited. I hadn't seen that number in four years. But alas, it was short-lived.

So there we go. It's going to take a lot of work and hopefully no injury. HOPEFULLY NO INJURY. This is my biggest fear.

And for posterity and because I need to include a pic:


My homemade salad. Quite a handy, quick meal.
 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job losing 15 lbs! Don't worry about not making it the first time, you still got out there! (I know you wrote this a week ago, I'm sure you've done it by now!)
    That salad looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I love your blog! Thank you for commenting! I've read your blog for a few years now. I've been praying for your niece.

      Delete