Friday, February 26, 2016

Heading into the weekend

Weekends seem to be my downfall. I'll eat quite healthy during the week and boom, here's the weekend! This weekend will be challenging to say the least.

We are going on a mini-safari, eating out with family, delivering Girl Scout Cookies - oh, those darn Samoas!

Here is a sampling of what I've eaten the last couple of days:


My Community Coffee - King Cake flavor. So good!


Smoothie - unsweet almond milk, ripe banana, peanut butter, chia seeds, cocoa powder and ice.


Homemade salad. Dressing is Whole Foods balsamic vinaigrette.

 Last night I had beef stew meat with rice and gravy. That's a little piece of heaven for this Southern girl. (It looked disgusting which is why I didn't take a pic of it). But nobody can eat just ONE serving of rice. I had two servings. Then I followed up with a couple of Thin Mints. Do calories count if "thin" is in the title of the food? ;)

Today I was back to it. I did eat a turkey sandwich from the cafe at my work.

My job recently moved to a shiny, new building and it's fantastic. They have a fresh food service that delivers salads, sandwiches, cheese sticks, yogurt, etc... Only problem is they are on the pricey side so I try to bring my lunch to work most days. Next time I'll take a pic of it.

But, the BREAD is a huge portion so that will be a "sometimes" food. Not good for insulin resistance, but good for my mood.


Another amazing thing about the new building. Sonic-like ice and FILTERED water. Can you tell they are trying to make us healthier?

I usually don't have the opportunity to eat out as much as I will this weekend, so it's going to be hopefully salads and baked fish.

My weight right now is 170. I've lost 6 pounds since I started in January. I've been counting calories on My Fitness Pal mainly to see what I need each day. And it is SHOCKING to see how many calories are in certain foods.

I hate calorie counting and I don't feel it's sustainable. But these past two months have been a learning experience.

I've also paid attention to which foods keep me full longer. While oatmeal does its job, bread does not. I can feel my blood sugar spike and within an hour I"m hungry again.

Oddly enough, my homemade salads keep me full for most of the afternoon.

I'm in a Biggest Loser-esque challenge at work. There are 15 employees participating. Based on what I've heard, I'm doing terrible. I haven't gained, and I've lost about 2.5 pounds, but we are in the second week now and some people have been losing five pounds each week.

Now that I'm fully off the antibiotics from my latest sinus escapade, I figure my appetite will get back to normal.

And to step up my game, I'm going back to workouts next week. This was not my plan for March. I was planning to sit on my big ol' fat booty for 31 days, but I'm in it to win it.


No comments:

Post a Comment