Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekend eats

I'm still getting used to taking pics of meals, so I don't have each meal documented. Overall, the weekend was a win regarding MEALS. Snacks - not-so-much.

Friday my husband made turkey chili for supper. I took a picture of it and can't find it anywhere. What? It was really good and he is becoming quite the cook.

Saturday morning I had a nice egg breakfast with two small blueberry pancakes.

We had a playdate at a global wildlife place about an hour from us. I wondered how my lunch would go. After the safari tour, we were exhausted and hungry. The plan was to get a salad at Arbys because I knew we were going to have a sit-down meal for supper. Well, it ended up being an Arbys roast beef, fries and unsweet tea.

Mainly because the Arbys was in a gas station. I'm not opposed to gas station franchises like Subway. But apparently they had the 750-calorie salad and I wondered how well the salad would hold up under gas station elements. I opted for the meal that was about the same in calories. Let's just say it was OK.

I forgot to take a pic, but we all know what fast food looks like.

Onto supper: We went to a place that has amazing brunches. We usually meet my dad there for breakfast. This was a supper outing.


 I got the house salad with italian dressing.

I also got the chicken and sausage gumbo which was disappointing. It looks weird and tasted like it was heated in the microwave. Can't win them all.



Sunday for breakfast I think I had pancakes again. The problem with these are they are low-cal and low in nutrients.

Lunch was Zoe's shrimp skewer which had a fantastic salad and rice pilaf. The cals ended up being less than I thought. (Again, forgot the pic which is sad because it was the most beautiful thing I've eaten in a while).

I met a friend at Starbucks to deliver her Girl Scout Cookies. I ordered the unsweet green tea which I love, but sitting there, surrounded by folks with hot coffee - ahhhhh ....

Supper was my delicious Applegate spinach, chicken and feta sausage, sweet potato AND an avocado. Loved it all.


However, the freaking Girl Scout cookies!!! I'll post this week what my food diaries have revealed and it's not pretty.

I also plan to start working out again. The goal for both my husband and myself is to get more sleep! We plan on going to bed each night when our daughter goes to bed. This makes for a boring and groundhog-ish week, but we are both seriously lacking energy. I'll see how that goes as well.

Hope you had a good weekend with lots of sunshine like I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment