Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What this blog will be ...

Welcome. I highly, highly doubt I have a single reader other than myself. If I have any readers, yay! If not, that's cool too because this blog will be embarrassing in some ways. BUT will hold me accountable.

I used to write this blog a few years ago, got out of running because of an injury. And am now back. I hope.

So, when I was revamping the blog (name change,etc...) I accidentally deleted my few posts I had on here. I'm researching how to get them back, but honestly I can sum it up in this paragraph:

 2013 I ran a half-marathon. It sucked. I ran it in almost four hours.Yes, four. I thought I had trained good enough. Nope, not nearly. Before that I had run one 5k. Then, after the half I got a nice diagnosis of plantar fasciitis. This went on for oh, about two years. Several cortisone shots, physical therapy, dry needling and a lot of tears, I believe it's gone. Last year, I signed up for several winter races thinking I was back in business. Wrong. A bronchitis death-trap got a hold of me and I was sick for several months blowing away any chance I had for those races.

Here it is, now 2016 and I'm ready. Only, I need to lose some weight first. I will do whatever it takes to avoid getting PF again and the first thing is drop the baggage.

So, this blog will mainly be about stats. My weight, ugh, my diet, my workouts and hopefully soon, my mileage.

I have posted workouts to Twitter and Instagram before, but I feel like what I'm do is nothing compared to what others do on there. Comparison is the thief of joy so I won't be doing that. My little workouts are on the toddler level compared to some out there, and while I'm ok with that, I don't want to post all workouts on those sites.

I have a little family that includes a crazy, crazy cat. I have a full-time job. I like to read. I'm writing a young adult book. I'm about to redo my daughter's room. And other than that, I am hoping to ease back into running.


My husband and moi! Not sure I'll be posting pics of my daughter because of all the weirdos on the web. This is the WORST pic ever. Taken by my daughter, but it's the most recent of me. I promise I don't walk with a crick in my neck.

I'm not sure how often I'll post. I'd like to post at least once a week. But, I don't want to make an official commitment. Yes, I'm that lazy (or that busy right?).


No comments:

Post a Comment