Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 6 summary

I sort of alluded in my last post how Week 6 went. It was not productive. Between my stomach and some weird neck thing - oy. I wasn't planning on posting today, but I figure, eh, stay consistent.

I did get up this morning at 5 a.m. without issue to go for a run! It was probably more like a jog (to real runners) because my pace was almost 16-minute mile. The weather was amazing, nice and crisp. I started off way, way too fast. I forgot how far one mile really is. By the mid point of the mile I was out of breath, close to vomiting and thinking WHYYYYY didn't I work harder the last couple of weeks with the dvds?

Good news is I ran the entire mile and my plantar fasciitis prone foot felt pretty good.

Do you ever feel like during a run - nope, I'm done. I'm never doing this again. What's the point? That's how I felt. I laid on the bed, tried to catch my breath, took a shower and hit the turning point. Ok, back at it again. (My mind constantly does this back-and-forth thing)

Tomorrow I have weights planned. Wednesday will be yoga. And Thursday - back out for the mile. It's going to be an extremely slow base-building time. I'm almost too embarrassed to say how long my plan is.

Meantime, I did have a good smoothie - unsweetened almond milk, teaspoon of pb, banana and a handful of strawberries from the strawberry patch. Look at that nice natural pink color!


For fun look at my husband on the slip' n slide in our yard. He got out there with our daughter. He was pretty much the cutest guy who has ever lived. 


I hope everyone has a great week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment