Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 3 summary

Last week was a doozy. A few days before week 3 started I apparently bruised both my knees. I think this happened while playing board games on the floor with my daughter. Yes, I'm that accident-prone. Two days I did this and I got up off the floor getting on both knees. We have hardwood floors with no carpet. Um, lesson learned!!!

I was pretty worried about if that was the problem or if I injured both knees working out. I'm happy to report my knees are fine. It did take most of last week to get better. Every time I'd get up from a chair my knees would cry out in pain. But I'm ok now.

However, last week was a struggle mentally. Basically I'm over the dvds. LOLOLOL!!! I'm ready to run but even that is going to be a mental war. My problems are: getting up before the sun is even thinking of coming out; fear of injury; self-sabotage; thoughts of is this worth all the pep talks I have to give myself?

In the end the mental energy and physical energy will be worth it. I have a lot going on in my life. Some good, some not-so-good. I'm not any better or worse than everyone else. We all have problems, just different ones. So I'm certainly not looking at this as "oh my life is tough." Hell, everybody's lives are tough. Suck it up buttercup.

Alas, I did actually work out six days last week. What I did was adjust the workouts. I did weights several days. I did yoga. I did ab work one day with a lot of stretching.


The result: lost 2.5 pounds. I'm excited about that because my Diet Bet started last week. My diet - still room for improvement, but getting better.

However, this weekend I had the best, and I mean best, cheat meal ever. There was a retirement party at my work last week. Somebody had the brilliant idea to bring pizza from the most amazing hole-in-the-wall-been-here-for-like-30-years-pizza-place. This place just so happens to be my husband's favorite place so boom, Saturday we made our way to the pink building.

We made that pizza last for several meals and it was awesome.


So, here I am starting Week 4. I hope your weekend was a relaxing and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment