Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hump day Wednesday

Well, here I am sick again with my sinus infection/allergy/pollenalert/spring thing-a-ma-jig. In fact, my whole house is sick. I think we've all relapsed, but the weather here is very wonky. Cold, hot, cold, hot - things blooming. You get the idea.

Yesterday I stayed home with my daughter because she had a stomach bug. By mid-morning she was great! Jumping on the sofa, so excited to be alive and I was dying a slow sinus death inside. :)

Needless to say, working out has not happened. But here's what I've been eating:

Monday breakfast I had oatmeal.

Monday lunch was Amy's Lentil Soup. It's really good, but really basic.


Monday night was my spinach and feta chicken Applegate sausage with a sweet potato with Kerrygold butter, an avocado with salt and pepper and celery and hummus.


That night I baked a spaghetti squash. This squash was the BIGGEST squash I've ever bought and it was a real pain in the ass to cut open. It literally took 15 minutes, but it was worth it.



For breakfast Tuesday while I was home I had oatmeal. Unfortunately it's the maple brown sugar oatmeal, but it's low on sugar and really good on a semi-cold morning.

Lunch was an Elaine Benes big salad, but not big enough because I was starving by the afternoon which led into an overload of Girl Scout cookies.


Either the cookies or my daughter's stomach bug was getting to me, but I was pretty nauseated by dinner. So it was the spaghetti squash, baked chicken and an apple for supper. This is not my normal amount for a supper. Looking at this plate, it's too tiny portions. But it was all tasty.


This morning's breakfast: Oatmeal for the win!


Today for lunch I have leftover chicken, sweet potato. Cheese stick and apple for snacks. And water. Lots of water.

As you can see, I eat a lot of the same things. I am glad I restarted the blog because I need to become more creative. BTW spaghetti squash with sauteed shrimp is an excellent and quick dinner dish. Think I'll have that tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment