Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 17 summary

Apparently 165 is my body's happy weight. It's not the weight I want for running, but this is where it just luvvvvvvvvvs to climb back to and stay. I had actually reached 164 last week and joy! But I gained back two pounds this weekend.

Last week was a tad difficult what with the July 4 holiday. Then my daughter became sick with a virus and 103 fever on Friday. I stayed home from work with her. Sat by my own personal portable/walking/breathing heater all day. I handled Friday at home pretty good with my eating.


Don't mind the creepy eyes from the cat. She was a very nice nurse all weekend to the sickly.

Saturday was a different story. My husband went to Houston for the day for an Astros game. So I had Jimmy Johns. I also had custard ice cream. I was just tired, functioning on little sleep and boom.

Sunday I went out to lunch with my friend. We went to Applebees for a "healthy salad." I knew that salad wasn't truly healthy, although the chicken was grilled. But it was a quesadilla salad. hahahah! Little quesadillas were in the salad. It was delicious, but we probably could have had a burger and fries for the amount of calories in the salad. muahahahaha!

My daughter is better today, but I'm just hoping she doesn't relapse.

So my goals for the next three weeks are to get as low as I can with pounds. I plan on starting back running in three weeks and I'm hoping for a good 20 pounds or more lost since the LAST time I ran. This should be considerable less poundage on my knees.

Ultimately my goal is 9-minute miles. I'm dying to do a full marathon, but there's no way I can get out there at 3 a.m., run for three hours only to have run a nice 9 miles or so. I need to be fast to put in the work for daily training before going to my job. This is going to take a lot of work.

Based on my history with pace, weight and injuries, I may not meet that goal till next year. That's ok! I'm not giving up. :)

In other news, I'm gearing up to go to the beach in a couple of weeks! So excited!!!! Yes, I plan on watching what I eat. Another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment