Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 18 summary

Before I give my summary, I just wanted to say I'm praying for the city I work - Baton Rouge. The city is going through hell right now with the officers' deaths. My dad knew one of the officers killed. I grew up in church with their family. I know a lot of people do not believe thoughts and prayers work, but I'm a believer. I'm also a believer in the officers. I will always be on their side. Period. I know I'm in the minority these days, but I believe in these people. They run TO the danger, while the rest of us take cover.

It's been a tough two weeks in my area. My opinion on anything political doesn't matter to anybody, so let's move on. :)

Surprisingly I'm down to 163.4. It's almost two pounds and you better believe I'll take it. I'm finally finding my rhythm with the diet and my new job. I'm starting to feel more comfortable with both. So now it's time to get into a rhythm with workouts. I have been doing abs and weights several times a week, but I need to add in cardio.

One mistake I've realized, remember that Clif bar? Yeah that nice little nugget had a TON of carbs and "additional carbs." What are additional carbs? Bueller? Bueller? It amounted to the amount of carbs in a Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. So all those days of Clif bar breakfasts - yeah, what a disservice to myself that was.

Peanut Butter Crunch


Source: Clif Bar website

So now I'm researching other breakfasts. I'll probably go back to eggs and oatmeal. The great thing about the bar was I could eat it at my desk. I'm a big label reader and for some reason - I never actually read the Clif bar label. However, I think if you are maintaining weight while training - the bars would be A great choice post run.

That about does it for my summary. We are heading to the beach this weekend and I'm nervous about the diet. I'm definitely going to allow for splurges, like the ice cream shop called SHAKES. Probably a Lambert's roll or two. My brother is going to barbecue, sooooo yeah. Unfortunately I won't be drinking my usual multiple real Dr. Peppers, breakfasts of pancakes, junk food, junk food, gas station food, did I mention no junk food? Gahhhh!

I hope your week goes well and you are happy and healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment