Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Starting to feel like my ol' self again

Ahhh, relief. It's coming in small doses and it's a beautiful thing. My oncologist gave me the perfect concoction to get rid of this months' long infection. Although it's not exactly that nice on my stomach. But nonetheless, I can breathe through my nose again, taste food and don't feel like I've got a rock blocking my throat.

Not too much to say in this post because my eating has been less than ideal. No pretty food pictures to show in this post (although most of my food photos are not pretty).

What I have been doing, however, is working on my fitness goals. I used a spreadsheet to map out a plan to get me through the end of 2016. It's doable, but it will take lots of discipline and early, early wakeup calls.

I split it up into three phases so instead of saying omg, I have like 350345923482345 days until Jan. 1, 2017!! I'm splitting the goals into chunks of weeks.


Going old school for the next month with my Bob Harper and Jillian Michael's dvds. I promised myself in 2016 I would at least explore yoga more. So I've included one day a week of yoga for Phase 1.

Phases 2 and 3 both incorporate running into the schedule, assuming running is still a goal of mine by the late spring.

I have no idea if any of my spreadsheet will actually work. I'm notorious for starting off strong, then life gets in the way and I drop the ball. (Lots of sports references there).

But, it's worth a shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment