Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day

Look at this - two posts in consecutive days! What?? Happy Valentine's Day! Mine so far has been good and interesting. This morning we exchanged little presents. We got E a rainbow poop emoji pillow, which she thought was hilarious. I had also bought her candy and lip sticks. Rich gave me a Barnes & Noble card, and a candle that he broke first thing this morning. LOL!!! He says E gets her clumsiness from me, but hmmm, ok, whatever. I puffy heart him.

I dropped her off at school, which is btw, still a nearly two-hour commute, but hopefully it won't be for much longer! I came home and ran a mile.

Today is the six-month anniversary of the flood. I really just wanted to bury my head under the covers all day, but the tides are turning. I have to focus on the positive. I REALLY miss my old house. The new owners have been working on repairing it and I know it's going to give somebody a good home. But, I have to focus on finding a new house. Which, hopefully, we can move into one in a few weeks.

Still, it's hard to let go of the past and the memories from our first house.

Rich gave me good advice telling me to not think of all the bad things that have happened over the last six months, but the GOOD things. And there were a lot of good things. We've made it through a very difficult time as a family and we never gave up hope. It's definitely brought us closer, although I think we've gotten on each other's nerves a lot too. HAHAHAHA! I kid, I kid.


So, alas, I only ran a mile and my time was not that good. But, it's a work in progress. I will miss running in the faux house neighborhood. I have been going when it's later in the morning and it's pretty hot. But, eh, doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of running, am I right?

Rich surprised me by taking me to our favorite hibachi place for lunch. I basically have lunch for days upon days.


Miso soup that even Rich likes ...


Hibachi guy blowing a whistle during his "cooking" time. Yes, that's a Dr. Pepper. 😻


Way too many noodles for my liking, but I got a ton of veggies too. I told Rich, "Don't be jealous." He said, "I'm not." Hahah! The picture is blurry because of the steam from the grill.

My plan is to get back out there tomorrow for a 1-mile run again. I felt really good mentally after my run today and it will keep the nerves at bay. Hopefully.

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's night!

No comments:

Post a Comment