Friday, February 24, 2017

Perfect Storm Week nearing the end

What a week it has been! I skipped "weigh-in Wednesday" because I spent most of the day in the bathroom. The less you know, the better.

So, for the record I'm at 163.0. Buuuuuut, the last three days I've had the migraine/stomach virus/could it maybe be the flu nightmare happening up in the faux house!

This week was supposed to have been spent looking for a job (obviously), delivering Girl Scout cookies, packing and finishing up things for the writing contest I entered today.

Instead I've been laying down, barfing, so on and so on.

Hey, I was correct in my last post there would be no running! There has been no running!

However, I'm on the mend. I'm meeting my 2017 goals of trying new things and have run from my comfort zone.

I dragged myself out of bed this morning and entered #PitchMadness! The contest in which you ultimately (if you are one of 60 chosen) can grab publishing agents' attention with your first 250 words of your novel.

I could easily spend hours rewriting the entry, but I spent two hours and sent it off.


I'm nervous!
Time to get into moving to real house mode! Sunday we are going look at furniture. Monday is the walk-through. And if all goes well, Tuesday we close!

I have so many feelings I want to word vomit, but I won't. Fingers crossed and that's the best I can hope for.

Tomorrow I am heading to Lake Charles to visit my grandmother who is in the hospital. Any prayers you can offer are appreciated.

Enjoy Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday. I have Lent goals I'll share on the blog next week. I almost always fail with Lent, but this year, I'm going to try my best to make it 40 days. I definitely owe it to God for how much he has helped my little family the past six months.


No comments:

Post a Comment