Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 9 summary

Well, the wheels fell off last week and it's both good and bad. Basically my knees are shot. I'm not surprised by this and I already have an action plan.

The main goal right now is to lose weight. Now I'm not talking anything ridiculous like 20 pounds in a month, but I'm going to chip away at this in a patient grasshopper way. Which sucks, but considering I'm about 14 pounds heavier than I was at my first half three years ago I'm not doing myself any favors by running and eating with the same diet I've had.

That diet would be 'everything in moderation' - which ends up being - 'no one can eat just ONE.'

So I'm going to buckle down for a few weeks and see where that leads me. Worst case scenario - I lose nothing and have to figure out something else. Best case scenario - I lose a few pounds and lighten the load on my knees and feet. Worst case scenario - I miss out on my favorite foods. Best case scenario - I replace those junk foods with foods that will nourish me.

So let's talk numbers, I'm at 174.5 this morning. I've got my spreadsheet ready, I've got my lunch and supper for today already prepared, I've had my cup of coffee sans creamer and sugar, I've got my 32-ounce ice water ready to tackle this week.


It's a shock, but black coffee is not all that terrible!


No comments:

Post a Comment