Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 11 summary

Last week I had a really good week! I made the 160s!! My body likes to stall at 170 a lot of the time, then I start gaining and losing the same few pounds.

Today's weigh-in: 168.5 - 2.5 pounds.

The weekends are definitely a problem, but not going to beat myself up about it because while I did have ice cream and some Popeyes fried chicken, I did not have popcorn, multiple ice cream trips or any junk foods at the many places we went.

I dubbed the three-day weekend "The Weekend of the Bean Burrito!" (my daughter). We spent a ton of quality time together, I unplugged a good bit of the weekend. We went skating, to the spray pad, to the playground, to see Angry Birds (no popcorn did sort of put a spoiler on that one - movie was really good though). We read a bunch of books together and watched movies at home. Anybody seen Goosebumps with Jack Black? That was also really good.

We didn't have any barbecue and that's ok. This time of year always makes me miss my grandfather who was at the beaches on D-Day. He passed away a couple of years ago and I still miss him and my grandmother terribly. That time in the military set the path for a not-so-great life for him, but I value the sacrifices both him and my grandmother made for our freedom.

Some of the eats from last week:


Amy's Butternut Squash Soup - I'm a big fan of Amy products, but not this one. Way to bland and dense.


Homemade salad with baked chicken and peaches.


I used to be into breakfast bars until I realized they made me even more hungry. But these Clif Bars are outstanding and don't have too many bad-for-you ingriedients.


Sometimes we go to a cheesesteak restaurant. No cheesesteak for me, but this chicken chef salad was not that good. 


Roasted bell peppers with quinoa, cheese, onions and parsley. Very good but today I brought Cajun seasoning to spice it up.

This week I'll try a couple of new things and spice up some of the old recipes. I'm very excited for this four-day work week and am looking forward to another fun weekend. Hope you had a great weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment