Friday, June 10, 2016

Happy weekend and great job news

I am so ready for this weekend! I have plans with friends and of course, another kid birthday party. LOL! I actually don't mind going to kid parties as long as I'm not the hostess doing all the work. ha!

This week my weight loss has stalled. I'll probably be lucky to lose one pound by next week. So it's time to make some changes. This week I have allowed a few things back in the diet that probably aren't helping matters. Bread, fried catfish, hashbrowns. Carbs, carbs and more carbs.

Carbs are not the enemy and neither is bread. BUT when you are struggling to lose weight, those empty calories and carbs should be the first to go. Right?

So next week I'll go back to a more cleaner way of eating. I'm also going to add cardio/weights workouts. I'm going to shoot for five a week till I'm ready to run. I think I've hit a nice plateau so hopefully I can get over that hump.

My husband is also losing weight and oooooh so much easier having support at home. He's always been supportive, but he loves his shakes and chocolate milk just as much as me. So we are able to talk each other off the cliff a lot of times, but we do treat ourselves sometimes. But not daily like we were before. Love him.

He's lost 14 overall. He's involved in a healthy program at work that gave him a digital scale. He weighs daily and the scale then sends the results to his "coach." That's right, he gets a coach! He logs in honestly what he eats each day and his log is hilarious. But it's working. Unfortunately, he hasn't agreed to eat my roasted cauliflower yet, but I'm working on it.

I've had a great week mentally. I resolved some unfinished business and I'm making a change in my job. Over the next few months I'll be transitioning to my new job. I'm soooooo excited. Also, I may be able to work it out where I can pick up my daughter from school and save on childcare. This will work out really good because I can help her with her homework. My husband has had to do that with her this past year because of my current work schedule.

I'll post more about my new job later, but I love how a couple of things all came together this week. God works in mysterious ways, but he's always got our backs. Always. If you don't believe in God, I'll say I also believe in putting our positive energy out in the universe and that will bring something positive back to you. It does work!

And because I can't possibly have a post without pics, here are two salads I've eaten this week.


Peach salad I made at home. Delicious.


Greek salad from the work cafe. I always forget to mix the salad and when I get to the bottom, it's like a surprise of purple onions and olives.
 
Have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment