Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Global Running Day

It's a great day for all runners and wannabe runners (like me). :) Today is the day to talk and dissect and be all lovey dovey with all things running.


Since I'm not running at this moment (losing weight right now), here is a survey I saw at Mommy Run Fast.

Why do you run?
Running is a bit of a numbers game for me. I hate math, but I love seeing progress with my endurance and pace. But I am super, super, super slow. Sloths run faster than me, but you better believe I'm working on it! It also keeps me disciplined. Surprisingly, having a 6-year-old has made life busier than when she was a baby/toddler. Keeping a running plan forces me to be organized in other facets of life.

How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day?
Well, this is it. I'm sticking with my less sugar/more fat/less crap diet today to get me closer to running. (I've lost another pound this week! Woot!)

How many miles have you run so far this year? Do you have a mileage goal for the year? 
Not that many. I have run maybe about 40 so far this year, but I started a base at literally three miles a week. In a few more weeks, I'm getting back to it hopefully a good bit lighter.

What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year? 
The Louisiana Half Marathon in January and the Our Lady of the Lake Half Marathon in March. I seriously just want to make it to those two, for real.

Before I leave for a run I must have:
Ipod (yes I'm very old school, but it is purple!), earbuds and that about does it.

Do you track your runs? If so what do you use?
I have a Soleus watch I track the pace/time with. But then, I open up my shiny Lauren Fleshman training journal and, gasp! use a pen to write it down in the log!

Who is your favorite running partner? 
Me, Myself and I. And I love it. I'm trying to get my friend back into it, but otherwise it's me. Running can be a lonely sport and for me it is. I cherish the time by myself, there is NO competition other than with myself. I like knocking out the run before dawn by myself. I love it.

What races have you run so far this year?
Nada.

If you have to give someone one piece of advice about running, what would it be? 
Be a patient grasshopper. I've started and stopped so many times for various reasons (usually injury or illness). In all these times, I've realized I have to do a few things first (like lose weight). I hate this time right now, but I have to take this in baby steps. Losing weight will increase my endurance and speed injury-free. It's a year-long project and patience is key.

Describe your relationship with running in one word: 
Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment